Electronics Repair Technician
Heartland is hiring a Repair Technician to join our Repair Service Team. This team plays an important role in meeting the expectations of our customers by troubleshooting and repairing customer-specific and order-specific hardware in an efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, a knack for solving problems and the ability to work well as a team or individually with minimum supervision.
A career at Heartland Computers is a rewarding experience! In return for your hard work and commitment, Heartland offers its full time employees competitive compensation and insurance benefits: health, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401k plan; and an employee referral incentive program.
Heartland employees enjoy the relaxed dress code and atmosphere, annual holiday party, employee appreciation days, and many fun activities throughout the year.
Come be a part of something great!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Refurbish, test, and repair various types of barcode scanning and printing equipment. Must be able to break down any device and analyze it’s functions.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows CE and Windows Mobile operating systems across a wide range of hand held and truck mounted mobile computers.
- Flash custom BIOS, firmware, and/or applications into hardware.
- Identify and troubleshoot hardware issues.
- Repair or replace defective hardware.
- Communicate problems with Service, Support, and Sales departments.
- Perform visual inspection on systems and accessories.
- Perform diagnostic testing
- Work extended hours as needed during peak times.
- Work as needed as an assembly technician or to fulfill other responsibilities.
- Experience with computer and/or mobile computer hardware.
- Experience with various operating systems preferred.
- Work well with others and demonstrate a great work ethic.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Capable of following verbal instructions.
Why Heartland Computers?
- Able to work with a knowledgeable team in a relaxed setting where your input matters.
- Able to work hands-on with the latest in computer and emerging technologies.
- Opportunities to learn and grow through additional training courses and sessions.
- The satisfaction of knowing your role contributes to the success of Heartland Computers.
Based on experience