6 Ways Voice Technology Supports Maintenance Inspectors
Nov 02, 2022
Every piece of technology plays a role in maintaining smooth workflows, which is why device downtime cannot be tolerated in today’s now-economy. Consequently, businesses now seek to automate maintenance and inspection operations to remove time-consuming workflows such as data entry and paper forms. Research suggests that workers waste over 40% of their time on manual processes and repetitive tasks like data entry. Additionally, studies indicate that over 75% of workers believe spending time on tasks that could be automated is a poor use of their skills. When it comes to maintenance and inspection, automating checklists and documentation both helps retain experienced workers while minimizing downtime for crucial operations.
To enhance maintenance and inspection workflows, voice guidance can help streamline service repairs to eliminate inefficient errors often associated with long step-by-step procedures. Studies show that voice picking technology can achieve accuracy levels of 99.99% since it leverages the power of automated data capture with the simplicity of vocal commands. When implemented correctly, voice-based commands empower maintenance and inspection teams with:
- Streamlined documentation - Voice technology streamlines documentation by completing observations and findings while performing the actual task. Higher support for maintenance and inspection this way gives greater insight to help optimize order fulfillment in your operations. When maintenance and inspection aren’t interrupted by errors or slowed down by downtime, teams are able to re-deploy tools faster for greater device availability.
- Enhanced compliance - Voice guidance solutions strictly adhere to standard operating procedures set by your teams. Dependable compliance ensures technician behaviors match standards to maintain consistent and quality performance.
- Process improvement - Defined processes and actionable operational insights give your business greater insight into operations. This creates advanced data collection, automated documentation, and analytics capabilities. Voice technology combines these to optimize your workforce’s productivity while ensuring compliance with standards.
- Improved safety - Voice technology allows your workers to have hands-free, eyes-free operations at the point of inspection. Easier scanning with these features minimizes errors and costs to protect your workforce. Voice automation also allows you to save time on operations, so your workers can accurately and safely perform documentation.
- Faster training and new technician onboarding - With easy-to-follow documentation and inspection processes from voice guidance, voice technology helps improve training for new technicians. Additionally, when your workers are trained with verbal instructions, it frees up employees’ hands and eyes to give them more power over operations.
- Greater technician retention - By providing an intuitive solution that helps improve scalability, operations motivate and enable technicians. Happier workers create smoother workflows that support maintenance and inspection.
In the end, voice automation supports maintenance and inspection with consistent processes and documentation. As supply chains welcome new technologies and greater customer demand, there is little time to waste on broken devices and failed audits. Contact us today to learn more about how you can prevent operational disruptions with voice guidance.